Title: 1) Medical Doctor 2) Partner
Company: 1) NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center 2) Global Pediatrics
Location: New York, NY
New York, NY, February 20, 2015, Judith Goldstein, MD, FAAP, Medical Doctor with New York-Presbyterian Hospital and the Weill Cornell Medical Center, and a Partner with Global Pediatrics, has been recognized by Elite American Physicians for dedication, achievements and leadership in pediatric medicine.
Dr. Goldstein is an award-winning Board Certified Pediatrician with more than 42 years of professional experience under her belt. With a wealth of knowledge and experience, Dr. Goldstein strives for excellence in her every endeavor to enable her young patients to achieve optimal health. Specializing in pediatric medicine and infectious disease, Dr. Goldstein adeptly handles clinical work, and evaluates and diagnoses her patients with swift precision as a pediatric attending and partner at Global Pediatrics, a practice located in New York City that treats babies, children and adolescents. Although Dr. Goldstein takes pride in providing top-notch medical care, she also enjoys forming bonds with patients and their parents that stretch beyond the typical doctor-patient relationship. Affectionately known as “Dr. Judy” by her younger patients, Dr. Goldstein is continually recognized as a positive role model for young people who would like to one day pursue a career in medicine.
Like many of her young patients, Dr. Goldstein chose to pursue medicine at an early age. Among her many inspirations were her father and brothers, who were also health care professionals. Dr. Goldstein is continually motivated by her deep relationships with patients, and enjoys providing parents with what she refers to as ‘anticipatory guidance’. However, she also respects the instinct and intellect parents have when it comes to caring for their children. Since parents know their children best, they play an important part in the diagnosis and treatment of their children.
Certified through the American Board of Pediatrics since 1977, Dr. Goldstein is also committed to staying abreast of any recent changes in the medical field. In addition to her role with Global Pediatrics, she is also an adjunct clinical assistant professor of pediatrics at NY Presbyterian Hospital. In her spare time, she enjoys reading medical literature and researching any new developments in her fields of specialty. Dr. Goldstein has attended numerous conferences where she has delivered lectures on her areas of focus, and even appeared on CNN to speak regarding the 2009/2010 Swine Flu epidemic. Her other media outlet appearances include Lifetime TV, as well as being featured in Publisher’s Weekly.
She is a recipient of the following awards and accolades:
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors Make a Difference (2014)
- Most Compassionate Doctor Patient’s Choice (2012-2013)
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors for 10 Years (2013)
- Regional Top Doctors, Castle Connolly (2013)
- Professional Hall of Fame (2012)
- Superdoctors of New York, The New York Times Magazine Section (2009, 2010)
- America’s Top Pediatricians (2002-2005, 2008, 2009)
- Best Doctors in America (2005-2008)
- Consumers’ Research Council of America; 2000 Notable American Women (2003)
- The Best Doctors of New York, New York Magazine (1999, 2000, 2004-2009, 2011)
- Top Doctors New York Metro Area, Castle Connolly Guide (2001-2009)
- Strathmore’s Who is Who (2002-2003)
- AMA Physician’s Recognition Award (2009)
- America’s Top Pediatricians, Consumers’ Research Council of America (2009)
- Honorary Police Surgeon by Howard Saphir, Commissioner of Police, New York City Police Department
Upon reflecting on a rewarding career, Dr. Goldstein has come to attribute her success to loving children and the desire to make a difference. In the coming years, she intends to continue doing her best while providing the highest level of health care to patients throughout New York City and its surrounding areas.
Contact Judith Goldstein, MD, FAAP