Company: Neuropsychology Center
Location: Pomona, NY
Pomona, New York | October 21, 2010 | Dr. Margaret Alvarez, Neuropsychologist and founder of the Neuropsychology Center, has been recognized by Elite American Physicians for her dedication, achievements, and leadership in Neuropsychology.
An expert in clinical psychopharmacology and neuropsychology, Dr. Alvarez devotes everyday to educating her patients and physicians on brain and behavior relationships to enhance achievement potential and conducting research on brain-behavior relationships. As an avid observer of human behavior, Dr. Alvarez enjoys the gratification she feels while conducting research on attention-deficit hyperactivity disorders, mild cognitive impairment, and schizophrenia. Outside the demands of her career Dr. Alvarez values travelling, reading, and playing the piano.
Dr. Alvarez is currently pursuing her Doctorate of Medicine (MD); she has earned her Post-Doctoral Degree in Neuropsychology from Fielding Graduate University, Doctorate of Psychology (Ph.D.) from Yeshiva University, and her Master’s Degree in Psychopharmacology from Nova Southeastern University. Once she has earned her MD, she intends to begin to practice family medicine while continuing her career in medical psychology. Dr. Alvarez has received numerous certifications and accreditations, including:
• Post-Doctoral Certification in Clinical Psychopharmacology from the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
• Certification in Stroke Assessment from the National Institute of Health
• Certification in BrainTrain Integrated Visual and Auditory Procedural Terminology from SmartMind
• Certification in Fast ForWord Scientific Learning Software
• Certification in School Psychology, Guidance, Personnel Services and Administration
• Certification in Learning Potential Assessment Device
• Certification in Physical Assessment from the Neuroscience Education Institute
In order to maintain an active knowledge of her industry and the share her knowledge with others in the clinical psychopharmacology and neuropsychology industry, Dr. Alvarez is an active member of various societies and organizations, including:
• Chairwoman of the Information Department at Rockland County Psychological Society
• National Academy of Neuropsychology
• American Psychological Association
• American Academy of Psychotherapists
• National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
• Consultant at the Brain Resource International Database
• International Neuropsychological Society
• Kappa Delta Pi
• Phi Beta Kappa Society
Dr. Alvarez has been a volunteer at the local Ambulance Corps, Meals on Wheels Association of America, and has been listed on the National Dean’s List. For more information on Dr. Alvarez and her Neuropsychology Center, please visit http://www.drmalvarez.com.
Contact Margaret Alvarez